15 September 2009
|Ribs riveted into skin (Full size)|
I have not been keeping up the web log over the summer. I was working a half hour a day or so, and not taking many pictures. So this page will kind of summarize progress to date. This picture shows the tank ribs riveted into place. I am getting ready to finish the interior before putting on the baffle
|View from above (Full size)|
Another picture of the tank interior. I put on lots of sealant, next time I'll not put on so much.
|Tank access panel (Full size)|
I am using the capacitor tank level measurement method, so there is no float attached to the access panel. Here is the fuel intake fitting sealed onto the panel.
|Inner tank rib (Full size)|
Here I have installed the BNC fitting for the tank level sensing, plus all the nutplates, and the vent tube fitting.
|Outside of tank (Full size)|
The tank sitting in the support jig, plus all the parts ready for installation.
|Interior of tank prior to closeout (Full size)|
Here I have the intake tube installed, and the vent tube installed. I have also routed the wire to the capacitance plates
|Baffle installed (Full size)|
Here I have installed the baffle, and the spar support fittings. I have yet to put in the skin to baffle rivets.
|Finished tank (Full size)|
The tank is more or less done. I have to seal the skin to baffle rivets but otherwise it is ready to go.
Next | Prev